map tag - xhtml validator

From: John Campbell <Jcampbel@co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:29:01 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

last week I ran one of the pages I'm working on:
http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/erm/home.htm
and was able to get a no errors xhtml 1.0 transitional approved mark. This week it's telling me I can't have my map tags.
the exact wording of the problem is this:
"Error: element "map" not allowed here; check which elements this element may be contained within "
and last I checked "map" was allowed in xhtml. any assistance in what the probelm is? Thanks

-- JM Campbell
Web-Monkey of ERM
Public Outreach