Re: checklink:http://www.guerillasoft.com/Encspot2

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:17:22 -0700
To: Stan Abeln <nametech@xs4all.nl>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

[Edited per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Team/team-archive-editor/2003Oct/0009.html]

scripsit Stan Abeln:

> The following two links are reported broken by the W3C Link Checker
> (http://validator.w3.org/checklink):
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/beryrinaldo/AudioTron
> http://www.guerillasoft.com/Encspot2

Are they reported broken, or does it report that 301/302 redirects are
used there?  What I get from the mac.com URL is a 302, and I get a 301
from guerillasoft.com.  Neither is a 200, so the Link Checker is correct
in giving a warning.

BTW, in case it's your box, you should know that guerillasoft.com has a
badly broken Web server -- it completely botches HEAD requests,
returning a 404 (with a body!) to a HEAD request on the same URL that it
returns a 301 -> 301 -> 200 to a GET request.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul