Re: Problem with <FORM> in HTML 4.0 Transitional Validation

On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 10:33  AM, Ryan Gregg wrote:

> However, when I checked the specification for HTML 4.0 Transitional, it
> clearly lists the name attribute as a validate attribute for the form
> element.  Am I doing something wrong?

Name wasn't in 4.0 Transitional. It was added back to 4.01 transitional.

What you see at <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/> is the HTML 4.01 spec. The
non date-stamped URI for 4.01 transitional is the same as 4.0 (4.0 got
replaced) which leads to some confusion on that front too.

The short answer is to change your doctype to 4.01 and all shall be well.

Jim

--
Jim Correia
correia@barebones.com