Re: Opening a link in a new window...

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:05:53 -0700
To: Bob Rosenberg <webmaster@rockmug.org>
Cc: Charles Walker <cewalker@kingston.net>, www-validator@w3.org
scripsit Bob Rosenberg:

> So you are saying that if I have a Frames Web Site (with a Navigation
> Frame and a Contents frame), I get to choose what type of Crime I
> commit when I try to link to someone-else's site. I either violate
> the Section 508 Standards [WCAG/ ADA Law] by opening another window
> or I display the other site's content in my Frame thus committing a
> Copyright violation by appearing to claim it is my content.

Just using frames is a major obstacle to accessibility.  Once you've
crossed the line into frames, anything you do is just damage control.
Unfortunately, this is way OT for this list, as Björn gently reminded me
on another thread ;).

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul