Re: New version of Quality Tips for Webmaster

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:19:03 -0700
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, www-validator@w3.org
scripsit Bjoern Hoehrmann:
> * Terje Bless wrote:
> >...what logic is there behind putting it at the end of the _structure_ of
> >the results page? It belongs at the top so it gets put at the top. Not
> >because that's what "looks good" in the browser, but because that is where
> >it logically belongs in the structure.
> Navigation does not belong to the document body at all, it makes no
> sense at the beginning as it doesn't make sense at the end.

Hola, Björn.

Where would you put the navigation, given the limitations of HTML and
currently-deployed UAs?  (I love the <link> element, but only Lynx, Moz,
and iCab AFAIK grok it.)

I instinctively agree that, en principe, navigation is meta-data and
should be segregated from the data proper... I just know how you
implement that.

Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology
Graduate Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul