Re: New version of Quality Tips for Webmaster

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:34:04 +0900
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Olivier and I have worked on the page Quality Tips for Webmaster.
> 	http://www.w3.org/2001/06tips/

I think this will be a valuable help for web developers.

However, I just got some feedback about it, in two points:

- it would be really more useful if the tip displayed was "in context"
- since it's not (yet) in context, it's disturbing that the new (well,
future) version of the validator shows the tip exactly where the
validation result used to be.

It would certainly be nice if there was at least a "longer-term goal" to
make this tip-of-the-day chosen because of errors in the document that
is being checked.

--
Olivier