Re: New set of patches for 0.6.0

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 01 Apr 2002 15:57:58 +0300
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 15:32, Terje Bless wrote:

> <URL:http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_2.html#SEC15>
> A peculiarity of CVS is all.

Ah, I see, thanks.

> >On a side note, I see dev.w3.org is running a quite old version of
> >cvsweb and cvs.
>
> Trust me, I've been bugging Gerald about this, but getting them upgraded is
> apparently Not Done Lightly. Presumably, this is the server where _all_ W3C
> documents exist, including RECs and DateSpace[tm] etc. so they may just be
> really paranoid about it.

Ok, 'nuff said.

> I really wish they'd upgrade CVSWeb though;
> Sourceforge is using a really nice Python reimplementation and there's lots
> of goodies in newer versions of Hen's modified version (which IIRC is what
> FreeBSD uses).

Yes, the FreeBSD version is based on, and has some enhancements to Hen's
version.  I don't know if these are present in CVSView.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/projects/cvsweb/README.FreeBSD?rev=1.12&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

> CGI path_info is relative to nothing but the URI for the CGI script;

Ok.

BTW; there's one more item to the TODO list I forgot:
- check that all output is escaped properly, see URI::Escape,
HTML::Entities, Apache::Util,

Maybe 0.6.0 stuff, but will bitrot quickly as HTML output moves away
from the script.  Anyway, needed.

--
Ville Skyttä
ville.skytta@iki.fi