Machine readable format for validation results

From: Samuel Rinnetmäki <samuel.rinnetmaki@tothepoint.fi>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:37:48 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org
>we hope to add some kind of mode to the W3C HTML validator to provide
>results in a machine-
>readable form

>at. (XML, RDF, or EARL or something; suggestions welcome.)

How about an HTTP-header for the HTML Validation Service Results page:

That way, you could ask for only the headers in scripts.

HEAD http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=$url

That, of course, doesn't specify what was wrong with the validated result,
it only specifies whether the document was valid or not.

I'm not sure whether inventing your own X-headers is considered a bad
practice...

Regards,

	Samuel
---