2 bugs in the W3 html validator service

From: Brent Boyer <brentboyer@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:58:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org, gerald@w3.org

The first bug is that the new version of the validator

gives a fatal error if it encounters a page with the following set of meta

To get it to work, it demands that you either (a) eliminate the 2 meta tags
and thus foce it to guess the encoding or (b) combine both meta tags into 1,

This is annoying, as I have a ton of pages that validated with your old
validator, and which use the 2 meta tag form (which I think is clearer

The second bug is that after you have gotten your validation results on the

if you then click on the Revalidate button, it does NOT revalidate --
instead, it takes me back to the home page

A third item of feedback, which altho technically not a bug but is a very
bad feature, is that the textfield for doing CSS validation by file upload,

is SOOO long that you can only see the Browse button to the right of it if
you have a very big window.  It is trivial to fix this.  (I believe that all
you need to do is change the attribute
in the first input tag to something like