RE: Source shows in Greek (added info)

From: Robert Barger <rbarger@nd.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:26:24 -0500 (EST)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Some further notes to my recent question regarding why the validator's
response/analysis appears on my browser in Greek characters:

Browser: Internet Explorer 5.0
Server: Apache/1.3.3 (Unix)
Content Length:  25693
Detected Character Encoding:  iso-8859-1
This file validates at HTML 4.01 Transitional

After sending my message last Saturday and receiving no response on the
list, I attempted to cut and paste the validator's analysis into this
message so one could see the Greek characters (since the source code
appears in the validator's response completely in Greek). But when I cut
the Greek text from the validator's response (as it appeared on my
browser) and pasted it into my e-mail message...it appeared in English!

Does anyone have a guess at what is causing this?

  Best regards, Bob

  Assoc Prof Robert N Barger Computer Applications Univ of Notre Dame
  rbarger@nd.edu, home(219)289-8939 office(219)631-7458 fax(219)631-8700
  CAPP471-Computer Ethics: www.nd.edu/~rbarger/capp471syl.html
  CAPP481-World Wide Web Programming: www.nd.edu/~rbarger/capp481syl.html
"I could have rescued a lot more of them if they would have realized they
were slaves." - Harriett Tubman, former slave & U.S. Civil War heroine