Source shows in Greek

From: Robert Barger <rbarger@nd.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:40:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Attempting to validate www.nd.edu/~rbarger/capp481syl.html at HTML 4.01,
no character encoding specified, using Microsoft Explorer 5.5:
For the last couple of days, when I try to validate this page which has
previously validated without problems, I find the source shown in Greek
characters. Can anyone tell me why?
  Thanks, Bob Barger

  Assoc Prof Robert N Barger Computer Applications Univ of Notre Dame
  rbarger@nd.edu, home(219)289-8939 office(219)631-7458 fax(219)631-8700
  CAPP471-Computer Ethics: www.nd.edu/~rbarger/capp471syl.html
  CAPP481-World Wide Web Programming: www.nd.edu/~rbarger/capp481syl.html
"I could have rescued a lot more of them if they would have realized they
were slaves." - Harriett Tubman, former slave & U.S. Civil War heroine