Re: XHTML + <form ...> </form> BUG?

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 23:28:32 +0100 (BST)
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Liam Quinn wrote:

> Yes, definitely an improvement in this case, but there are other cases
> where that error message is very confusing.  Consider the following common
> mistake:

In other words, none of us has a magic bullet <grumble>.

I went through the error messages (with James's and Liam's in front
of me) and made a few updates when I implemented the XML stuff.
I'm still not happy with them, for reasons nicely demonstrated by
this thread.  I may find time to review them again in the not-too-
distant future.  Is anyone else looking at this?

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>