w3validator and various sgml parsers

From: bill milbratz <milbratz@neodesic.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:13:56 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

I'm interested in running a local copy of the w3c html validator.

I note that the instructions mention compiling the SP SGML Parsers. My
efforts here have not succeeded (I don't know enough about adapting the
makefile to my environment--Redhat Linux 7.1).

Does the w3c html validator work with other SGML parsers
(openjade)?  Openjade, I note, comes with my linux distribution.  If so
does someone have tips for configuring the w3c validator to work with other
sgml parsers?

Note: I know that the mailing list guidelines recommend against "how do I
configure this" types of questions.   I couldn't, however, access any of
the faq's here:

Thanks in advance,