Can't Specify Character Encoding.

From: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:44:18 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

I used http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html to upload a HTML file
that didn't specify its character encoding.

I get a warning back.

    Warning: No Character Encoding detected! To assure correct
    validation, processing, and display, it is important that the
    character encoding is properly labeled.

Fine.  I wish to use the form presented on the same page as the warning
to `Select Character Encoding'.  However, on pressing Revalidate it
takes me back to

    http://validator.w3.org/

which is obviously not what I expected.

If you need any more info, please CC me as I'm not on the list.

Thanks,

Ralph.