Validator itself not valid?

From: Tijl Houtbeckers <llama@studenten.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:12:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Here's what I did..

Using the validator function in the Opera webrowser (wich basically just uploads the
source file to the validator), I checked the page msn.co.uk to see if it's valid (surprise:
it wasn't) then however, I checked the page generated by the validator itself, and to
my surprise it wasn't valid!

            ^
Error:  start tag for "LI" omitted

I played some more with this with other pages too, and it seems quite frequent even..
Is it me or should this be fixed? :)

Tijl Houtbeckers,
The Netherlands