Re: Validation as EARL

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Gannon Dick wrote:

> I haven't had a chance to look at the EARL validation, but I will.

I'm not sure myself if it's going to lead anywhere, but people have
been expressing an interest, and having a working system available
should enable people to explore the possibilities further.

> I noticed that you used the MSIE parser for XML ...

My SP/XML stuff, like the EARL, is designed to be a building block for
new applications.  And I hope that other developers will use it: if it's
only me, then I'm wasting my time.  The MSIE parser stuff is the
first application from another developer to go (more or less) live.

>   actually this parser works nicely for the
> XHTML 1.0 (DTD's) too.

Yes, I imagine it would, since these are XML too.

> Although I don't have a public site on the web on which to place the
> code for this client side validator I'll be glad to send it to you.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you have a nascent application
for anything at Site Valet, I'll be very pleased to see it.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>