Re: Public Identifier

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:05:05 EDT
To: www-validator@w3.org
CC: maccvol@btinternet.com
In a message dated 10/26/01 7:48:55 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
maccvol@btinternet.com wrote:

>  I would like to use your HTML Validation Service.
>  Could you please be so kind as to tell me what I put as the Public
> Identifier (i.e. Document type declaration), I used Microsoft FrontPage 4.0
> to design the website. I could not find anything in the catalogue that
seemed
> to work.

Copy and paste the following commonly used DOCTYPE construct to head your
page then run it through the Validator"

Investigate any reported errors by referring to the W3C HTML 4.01
Recommendation.

I provide a list of links to the W3C HTML/XHTML
Specifications/Recommendations at:

http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf1.htm

........ and a list of links to the W3C DOCTYPE constructs/DTDs at:

http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf3.htm

James Pickering

Tools for Web Page Authors
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm

What is Accessibility all about?
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf4.htm

~ W3C Validated XHTML 1.1 & CSS2
~ Accessible to People with Disabilities