Re: Unrecognized font

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:28:12 EDT
To: www-validator@w3.org
CC: brewhaha@home.ecn.ab.ca
In a message dated 10/25/01 11:08:45 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
brewhaha@home.ecn.ab.ca writes:

>   And this is a big BUT. Don't deprecate old features. Nothing is
>  worse than forcing people to upgrade their web pages for browsers that
>  don't support old features. Take the <LINK rev=made ...> tag for instance.

>  It would be nice if pages were required to provide a return address, even
>  if it's bogus@dev.nul . The <center> tag was deprecated. What for?
>  WordPerfect supports about three types of centering. It also centers pages
>  vertically and entries within tables can be centered.

The Validator doesn't do any of that -- you need to read the appropriate W3C
HTML/XHTML Specifications and Recommendations to understand the rationale and
requirements. I provide a list of links to the most frequently used W3C/ISO
Specifications and Recommendations at ..........

http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf1.htm

James Pickering

Tools for Web Page Authors
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm

What is Accessibility all about?
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf4.htm

~ W3C Validated XHTML 1.1 & CSS2
~ Accessible to People with Disabilities