Re:lower case attributes in xhtml validator

Yes, that would seem to be the case, but I must say, that is quite derelict on
the part of the W3.  Their own HTTP documentation states:

Although lack of case sensitivity in methos [sic] names would be a tolerant
approach with a limited method set, we require the            extensibility of
HTTP to cover an arbitrary underlying object system. In such a system, method
names may be case sensitive,       and so we must preserve case in HTTP.

See http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Methods.html , http://www.w3.
org/Protocols/HTTP/NoteMethodCS.html .

So, by REQUIRING the VALUE of the method attribute of the FORM element to be
lowercase in XHTML, they have undermined their own intent expressed in the HTTP
documentation, as the "get" and "post" we are talking about MUST according to
the HTTP spec be expressed in uppercase.

If the user agent is expected to convert the value of the method attribute to
uppercase, the W3 has made it impossible to use a method called "get" or "post"
as the method of a FORM in an XHTML document, should they ever dream up such
methods, which it is their stated intent to be able to do. ???