Re: Using the validation service to validate XHTML

In a message dated 10/8/01 8:36:46 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
derhoermi@gmx.net writes:

> * JAMESICUS@aol.com wrote:
>  >Julian:
>  >
>  >As Terje Bless pointed out, you can copy and paste XHTML DOCTYPE
>  >constructs/DTDs from the W3C specifications so you get them exactly
right.

>  No, as of XHTML 1.0 First Edition you can't. The specification uses
>  relative system identifiers and they only work properly if you copy
>  the DTD files and entity sets to your server.

I stand by my statement. In the case of XHTML 1.0 the DTDs (consisting of
PUBLIC and SYSTEM identifiers ) are found in Appendix A of the W3C
recommendation.

James Pickering

Tools for Web Page Authors:
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm

What is Accessibility all about?:
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf4.htm

~ W3C Validated XHTML 1.1 & CSS2
~ Accessible to People with Disabilities