asp URLs

From: Jarrod Dieppa <JDIEPPA@mbakercorp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:20:56 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I have a bunch of ASP pages that do not validate to the HTML 4.01 transitional standard because they have hyperlinks with an ampersand in the URL. The validator says that whatever is after the ampersand is an unknown entity. I was wondering if this is just a limitation of the validator or can I really not use ampersands in a hyperlink url? If I can't, is there a way around it?

Thanks...