Feature request

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:48:41 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
The new version of the HTML validator changes the realm when trying to
proxy Basic Auth to prevent security holes.

Would it be possible to have an option to get the old behaviour where
the realm was kept the same? Having a new realm prevents me from using
the results of the validator into XSLT stylesheets (pubrules checker [1]
or another one I'm working on [2]) when the resource is behind basic
auth.

Regards,

Dom

  1. http://www.w3.org/2001/07/pubrules-form