Deprecated Tags

From: SherLok Merfy <brewhaha@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:42:39 -0700 (MST)
cc: www-validator@w3.org
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote, quoting me:
(...)
> >The <center> tag was deprecated. What for?
>
> CSS, see http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

	The document promoting distinction between form and content is a
bit extreme. It would eliminate a lot of tags. No way can you remove form
from content. That would mean adjusting the widths of columns without
knowing that the first one contains only an enumeration.

	For that matter, style sheets on some word processors can contain
text. And the liveliness of most languages is in flexibility, including
bad form. I'd like, for example, to be able to change the background
colour of a font. Why do I need a style sheet for that?