Re: bug with codepage 1251

From: iSmart <ismart@alexa.sibproject.ru>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:51:32 +0600
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hello!

It seems like there's some troubles with validation-listing (results of
validation)! The codepage of html-file with validation-listing is utf-8, but
it isn't manually written in the header of this file.

Thus, my IE 6.0 automatically detected that this file in win-1521 codepage,
and I don't see valid cyrillic letters.

So, I think it would be useful to put information about utf-8 codepage in
the header of html, something like <META http-equiv="content-type"
content="text/html; charset=xxxxxxx">

Also in validation-listing the red pointer indicates position of error
incorrectly.

Hope you'll fix this.

iSmart.