Re: checklink: mis-interpretation of <base href="...">

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:49:34 +0100
To: Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis@multimania.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
* Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis@multimania.com> [2001-11-01 06:20-0500]
> The W3C link checker reports several 404 error while checking
> http://rdenisc.free.fr/perso/infos/expose/index.shtml.fr
> Apparently, it seems not to take the markup <base
> href="http://rdenisc.free.fr/perso/"> from the head of the document in
> account.
>
> Is that a known bug or I am doing something wrong?

The base URI not well handled... *sigh*

For some reason, I have been struggling with this for a while. I guess
that my comment from March 26 doesn't hold anymore:

  Revision 2.74

    Maybe the base element problem is going to go away completely now.
    I have added a change by John <rowe@excc.ex.ac.uk> which basically
    does not trust HTTP::Response's base function, and it seems to be
    the way to go.

Thanks for the report, I will have a look at that.

--
Hugo Haas - W3C