RE: broken images

Kathleen wrote:

> I get an activex prompt and icon on this page:
> http://www.w3.org/Icons/WWW/w3c_home

Under NT4sp6, MSIE5 is fine, Opera5.11 is fine, NS4.7 pops up some nonsense
about upgrading my Quicktime plugin and then displays the image in the
centre of the view port.

Lynx is being served image/png; Opera got a PNG; who knows what MSIE got
because it won't tell you (it wants to save file 'unknown' as BMP if you try
'Save Picture As', and "Properties" gives a file size of -1 [yes, negative
one] bytes); NS seems to think it's a Quicktime file.

Hmm.

Thanasis Kinias
Information Dissemination Team, Information Technology
Arizona State University
Tempe, Ariz., U.S.A.

Qui nos rodunt confundantur
et cum iustis non scribantur.