Re: Validator for Windows NT/2000 System

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 16:12:23 +0200
To: Kristian Fiskerstrand <kf@kristianf.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
On 26.05.01 at 13:27, Kristian Fiskerstrand <kf@kristianf.com> wrote:

>What about a validator written in xml, asp, ISAPI (*.dll) or win-cgi
>(*.exe) ? there are a lot of users out there (including me) using Windows
>server to run web-pages.

Well, at least two people have gotten the W3C Validator running on Windows
so it's certainly doable. You'll need Apache <URL:http://www.apache.org/>
and ActiveState Perl <URL:http://www.activestate.com/>, and download the
source as described on <URL:http://validator.w3.org/source/>, but once
those are in place it should work just fine.

If this isn't an option, and you cannot use one of the online services, you
may want to try Liam Quinn's A Real Validator for Windows
<URL:http://aRealValidator.com/> or Nick Kew's excellent Site Valet
Intranet Edition <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>.