Re: Better internationalization of validator

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:56:02 +0900
To: "Peter K. Sheerin" <pete@petesguide.com>, "Terje Bless" <link@tss.no>
Cc: "Gerald Oskoboiny" <gerald@w3.org>, "W3C Validator" <www-validator@w3.org>
There are many unicode editors, and there are many people who don't
(yet) want to use unicode editors because they don't feel at ease
with them.

What I proposed was to store the files as UTF-8, not necessarily to
do the editing as UTF-8. People still can use their editor of choice,
but then they have to convert.

Regards,    Martin.