XHTML 1 Strict , element "input" not allowed here

From: lists <lists@lophty.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:52:32 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Trying to get a site of mine to validate against the xhtml1 strict dtd.
Only one error remains - an input element inside of a form gives me the
following error msg:

Error: element "input" not allowed here; possible cause is an inline element
containing a block-level element

I've looked it over and don't see the problem (the nesting of the tags seems
legal to me, but I must be missing something).  I would be grateful if
someone could tell me where I went wrong.  Here's the link to the validator
output (including source):

beware link-breaking line-wrap...

brian donovan