Re: Minimized P valid XHTML?

>From: "Bertilo Wennergren" <bertilow@chello.se>
>The XML recommendation should set you straight:
>
>   Empty-element tags may be used for any element which has no content,
>   whether or not it is declared using the keyword EMPTY. For
>interoperability,
>   the empty-element tag should be used, and should only be used, for
>elements
>   which are declared EMPTY.
>
><http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-starttags>

Well, it certainly clears my problem by narrowing and it to an exact
question. So, to clarify:

a) according XML 1.0 <colgroup /> is valid (may be used)

b) according to XHTML 1.0 <colgroup /> is not valid (must not be used)

and the question: which recommendation rules for a xhtml 1 Transitional
document?

os