RE: Error in validator

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@asu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:52:09 -0700
To: "'Peter Foti (PeterF)'" <PeterF@SystolicNetworks.com>, "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
Peter,

I had a similar problem marking up poetry (don't laugh ;).  I used CSS like
this:

> p.verseInit {
>   margin-bottom: 0;
>   margin-top: 1em;
> }
> p.verseMed {
>   margin-bottom: 0;
>   margin-top: 0;
> }
> p.verseTerm {
>   margin-bottom: 1em;
>   margin-top: 0;
> }

Each line got its own <p>, distinguished by class as to whether it got
margins on top, bottom, or neither.  You could do something similar for your
case.  E.g.:

Please e-mail me off-list (tkinias@asu.edu) if you're interested in
discussing this further - it's really off-topic for WWW-VALIDATOR.

Thanasis Kinias
Information Dissemination Team, Information Technology
Arizona State University
Tempe, Ariz., U.S.A.

Qui nos rodunt confundantur
et cum iustis non scribantur.