FPI and URI for dtd

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:06:01 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org
SGML gurus,

I'm in the process of starting of set of documents to build a test
suite for HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0 and I have detected something that
seems to NOT be a problem for the HTML validator. :)

       <TITLE>My first HTML document</TITLE>
       <P>Hello world!</P>

is a valid document although the FPI and the dtd are not the same.
Should we modify the validator to make it warning when it's the case?

I think it should be better to warn users to have a stricter code.

Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---