Re: Article on Testing Web Apps

In a message dated 3/4/01 10:12:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time, Michael
Crawford wrote:

>  I appreciate any feedback you can give me on this first draft of my
>  article. <snip>

The following quick comments are offered with friendly and gentle intent (and
are my humble opinions):

>  - Do you have anything I should correct or add, additional resources I
> should
>    link to?

I would provide specific links to:

BOBBY (Cast) Accessibility checker

LYNX text Browser page

WDG (Web Design Group) HTML Validator

W3C CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) Validator

Viewable in any Browser Campaign page

Web Standards Now ("WASP") page

W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines page

A broken links checker page (such as W3C's)

>  http://www.goingware.com/

Are you aware this page doesn't validate in either the W3C or WDG validators?
Only one error for sure (line 246 - erroneous "p" end tag) that is easily
correctable -- but if you are writing about the importance of validation you
must be sure your own pages are "squeaky clean".

General suggestion:

Why not write your exemplar pages in XHTML 1.0  -- the current W3C
recommendation -- and display their validation icon?

General comment:

I could not get several of the hyperlinks on your article page to work.

Best regards,

James Pickering

Tools and Information for web pages Authors:
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm

Brazilian Cacti in Cultivation:
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/