Re: Better browsing

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:45:49 EST
To: html-tidy@w3.org, www-validator@w3.org
CC: evans@i.hosei.ac.jp
In a message dated 3/1/01 4:40:42 AM US Mountain Standard Time, Peter Evans
wrote:

>  I know damn well that Netscape 4.* has an annoying "burp" when it
>  encounters a meta tag charset specification, that its implementation of
>  CSS1 is screwy, and that it's ignorant of CSS2 <snip>

...... and those are its good points!

<snip> it wants to encourage
>  web-writers to tell would-be visitors with old browsers to buzz off, I
>  say to hell with WaSP.

Ah, still the old gadfly, Peter!  :-)

But I would like to put in a plug for an excellent (and free) People with
Disabilities oriented Browser -- MultiWeb. I extoll its virtues and explain
it further at:

http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf4.htm

James Pickering
Tucson, Arizona

Tools and Information for web pages Authors:
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm