Re: checklink.pl fails: missing sys/syscall.ph?

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:15:39 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>, hunter <hunter@userfriendly.net>, "Michael B. Weiner" <mweiner@americangreetings.com>, David Karr <david.karr@cacheflow.com>
On 27.06.01 at 14:50, Michael B. Weiner <mweiner@americangreetings.com>
wrote:

>Still fails with the following: [...] Can't locate sys/syscall.ph in @INC
>                                      (did you run h2ph?)

Sorry; I was a bit quick. That message is caused by a missing header file
that checklink.pl tries to include. You can fix it by:

$ su -
Password:
# cd /usr/include
# h2ph *.h */*.h
[ generates modo output and runs for quite some time; get coffee ;D ]
# logout
$ perl -Tcw ./checklink.pl
checklink.pl: Syntax OK
$ ./checklink.pl
(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)

Looks like Red Hat doesn't include the Perl header files so you need to
regenerate them from the system headers. I'll do some digging in Red Hat
Bugzilla and see if it's a known issue with their shipping Perl.