change without change confusing

From: Jon <jon@jonsplace.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:33:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
HTML 4.01 Transitional DTD used to validate day after day at W3C with a link
opening in new window via the inclusion of target=_new - unquoted. Starting
06/22/01, it no longer does, on the same pages with the same DTD at the same
W3C validator.

My comment has nothing to do with the validity of the HTML involved - only
the fact that a validator which is inconsistent is useless. I now wonder how
far I can trust W3C's online validator. Not good for a disabled guy who has
hundreds of web pages, no money and gets 200,000 hits a month.

Please note that my free counters will not function if target=_new is
quoted.

Jon - I love Jesus Christ
http://www.jonsplace.org/