Re: Producing an XML report from the validator

At 13:58 01/06/13 -0400, Christian Smith wrote:
>start offset    (the offset of the beginning of the error)
>end offset              (the offset of the end of the error)
>
>Note: These might be the same but would preferably specify a range. In
>any event the value should be the character offset from the beginning of
>the file.

Please be very careful with this. We currently get a character
position, but please don't confuse this with what you probably
are looking for (as you are speaking about non-opened files,
I guess it could be byte positions). Once the date is converted
from an arbitrary encoding to utf-8, byte positions are pretty
much lost. It's not completely impossible to get them back, but
it's a lot of dirty work.

Regards,   Martin.