RE: Flagging & in URL in HTML 4.01 transitional type.

From: Jim Correia <correia@barebones.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:02:40 -0400
To: "Peter Foti (PeterF)" <PeterF@SystolicNetworks.com>, www-validator@w3.org
On 4:01 PM 6/8/01 "Peter Foti (PeterF)" <PeterF@SystolicNetworks.com>
wrote:

> The only thing I can suggest to you would be to create your own DTD
> in which the ampersand was not invalid as a standalone item.  But
> like it or not, it is invalid in existing DTD's.

And even then would you only have a false sense of acomplishment.  The
previous example I posted will not have the desired effect in a
conforming user agent, because a copyright symbol will be sent instead
of an ampersand.

work</a>

--
Jim Correia                                Bare Bones Software, Inc.
correia@barebones.com                     <http://web.barebones.com>