Re: Checked site crashes Netscape

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:24:56 -0700
To: Jochem Heicke <jhl@surfeu.de>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
> CSS

Netscape's support for CSS is very poor (as of v4).  Perfectly
valid CSS can cause it to do horrible, horrible things to the
page, or even crash.  In particular, borders and backgrounds
on <p> or <li> are problematic; setting any margin, padding,
etc. on <li> will trigger lots of bugginess.  Just because
your CSS is valid doesn't mean NS4 can handle it.  You
can try putting the offending code in a separate <style>
element with media="all" set, which will cause NS4 (by virtue
of another NS bug) to ignore it and avoid problems.

Regards,

--
Thanasis Kinias
Vice President & Manager of Information Systems