Re: Validation as a Browser Plugin for MSIE

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Samuel  RinnetmŠki wrote:

> >The likely suggestion is that you do not have MSXML registered for some
> >reason, or it's a version different to the one we expect.
>
> >http://jibbering.com/msxml/  should prompt you to install version 3,
>
> Yep, this worked for me.  (Although the first time I tried it only
> prompted "null" and didn't proceed. On the second try, the installation
> prompt appeared.)

OK, thanks for this feedback.  I'll update the page to point to that.

> >which it certainly works with, I'll get the code changed to better report
> >errors aswell, and we should track this one down.

Thanks.  I think I may have been premature in posting about this.

> Now, when I validate a document, I get a nice Site Valet Report.  The
> first thing that bugs me is that the report window is "always on top".
> And, if I use the real browser window to navigate on another page, the
> report window closes.  This is not the way the dialogs and windows
> normally work.

All of this (and your third point) is subject to review, and may very well
change.  In fact I tend to agree with your comments myself :-)

> The second bug is, that each time I try and validate a document, I always
> get the results for the first page I validated.  I have to restart IE to
> validate another document.

My fault - that doesn't happen for me, but as soon as you said it
I can see what's wrong.  Will fix that as soon as I have a spare moment
(and definitely today).

> Nice concept, however

Thanks.  Jim's original idea; my bugs on top of his prototype ;-)

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>