Re: w3 validator

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Linus McCabe wrote:

> I have a small idea for the validator;

A variant on your idea is implemented in the Page Valet (see my .sig):
each validation results page includes a "check links" link.

> While it parses the document it could automatically gather the local links
> from the page and provide them on the result page, for easy validation of
> subpages.

To do that literally would be harder, because the software used for the
SGML-based validation has no concept of HTML links.  So it really is
a separate step.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>