Re: charset parameter

On 26.07.01 at 05:38, Terje Bless <link@pobox.com> wrote:

>we will need a translated version of the Validator to be even remotely
>usefull[1]. This might also include localizing it to assume S-JIS or Big5,
>KOI8, or EUC_JP (etc.).
>
>None of these are ASCIIpadible enough to let us extract a meta element
>AFAICT. It's no better to assume these then it is to assume ISO-Latin-1 by
>way of the HTTP 1.1 defaulting rules.

Actually, just ignore me, I'm talking out of my... :-)

Those encodings are, according to XML 1.0SE, ASCIIpadible enough to get an
XML Encoding Declaration and so they should be near enough that you can get
a META element some significant fraction of the time.

That's what I get for talking about things I have no head for at 5am. :-)