Re: Shaming compaines into improving their HTML

On 23.07.01 at 15:06, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

>An idea could be that a search engine like Google, for example, gives
>information about the validity of the indexed page. On the search
>results window, you could have a little flag like valid, accessible,
>etc.
>
>But I guess it will certainly require too much CPU time.

Not really. The indexing is already pretty resource intensive -- though
probably not CPU bound -- so running it through SP is within limits of
sanity. Good luck trying to convince them though; cluefull as the Google
guys are, I sincerely doubt you'll be able to sell this to them... :-(