@attrib (was Re: W3W and Bobby Validation)

On Monday 09 July 2001 12:18, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

> "@name" is a valid attribute for computer-readable identification of
> a frame.  The @title attribute is a human-readable description of the
> frame, intended for users who can't access the frames.

Kynn,

I'm curious about your usage here:  I've not seen attribute names written
before with the 'commercial at' as a prefix.  I associate this prefix with
arrays (as in Perl) -- what's the origin of using it for SGML/XML attributes?

I've never been comfortable that I don't know a good way of offsetting XHTML
attribute names (i.e., lower-case ones) in plain text.

Regards,
--
Thanasis Kinias
Vice President & Manager of Information Systems