(x)html validator broken?

From: Jonathon Isaac Swiderski <jonathon.swiderski@oberlin.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:19:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
When trying to validate my site,
[http://members.evolt.org/jswiders/index.php?id=main], as Xhtml 1.0
strict, i receive the message that the LINK, META, and H1 elements are not
valid for that version of HTML.  However, I've looked at the DTD file for
XHTML/Strict, and they're still there. . .

Additionally, when using the form to specify a version of HTML that I want
the file checked against, I receive an 'invalid doctype' error -- for a
doctype declaration that does not exist in the file either on my disk or
on the server, and which I can only assume has been inserted by the
Validator engine.

If there is a problem with my pages, I am perfectly willing to do what I
am able to fix it (i don't control the server, just the directory), but I
can't find where that would be. . .

--
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski             Community Svc. Assessment Project:
121 E College St                     http://members.evolt.org/jswiders

"Where is the mob?  I have got to follow them; I am their leader!"
-Ledru-Rollin, leftist leader of the French Revolution of 1848