Re: xml-stylesheet PI

* Karl Dubost wrote:
>But the Recommendation Associating stylesheets with XML documents [2] says:

>The xml-stylesheet processing instruction is allowed only in the
>prolog of an XML document. The syntax of XML constrains where
>processing instructions are allowed in the prolog; the xml-stylesheet
>processing instruction is allowed anywhere in the prolog that meets
>these constraints.
>
>So when the document is passed to the HTML validator [3], it is valid
>against the XHTML 1.1 DTD but not against this Recommendation [2]. I
>don't know if it's something the HTML Validator should check in the
>future.

It's something we cannot check, at least currently not. It's not
possible to express this constraint in terms of XML DTDs. Even worse,
SP, the SGML parser the Validator currently uses, has even more
limitiations in it's XML support, see http://www.jclark.com/sp/xml.htm

We are, however, working on that :)