Nested Element Problem

From: Marc David Johnson <mjohnson@marcdavidjohnson.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:41:03 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Seem to be having a little 'issue' with the validator and wanted to see if
anyone had any ideas/solutions.

I have a TEXTAREA tag which is filled with HTML code for people to
copy-and-paste. The problem seems to be that the validator (using 4.01
Trans. DTD) doesn't like the FORM element placed inside the TEXAREA element
(at least that the best clue I can come up after reading the 'explanation').

I have tried replacing the TEXTAREA tag with a DIV but still get the same
results (and made sure the previous FORM tag on the same page is closed,
etc.).

Kind of at a loss as to what may be causing the validator to Kerchunk on
this one tag.

Ideas?

(the page in reference is http://www.marcdavidjohnson.com/weatherpage.asp --
it's the code in the textarea at the bottom)

Thanks,

Marc David Johnson
mjohnson@marcdavidjohnson.com
http://www.MarcDavidJohnson.com
A little bit of everything ... and a whole lot of nothing.
http://mdj.inc <--- New.net address (info - v)
(http://www.qksrv.net/click-714870-1933347)