Re: [Tidy-dev] Re: Unknown Encoding - Post HTMLTidy wrap

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:49:34 +0200
To: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Cc: Andrew Barker <boab@agn.net.au>, www-validator@w3.org, tidy-develop@lists.sourceforge.net
* Terje Bless wrote:
>>"text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

Increase the width with the -wrap option and/or use
--wrap-attributes yes. The latter would produce something like

  charset=ISO-8859-1">

>However, Tidy certainly shouldn't be generating code like that in the first
>place. If you absolutely need to break a line within a tag, then you should
>break it before the start of an attribute and not before the value. It
>probably isn't exactly invalid in the SGML sense, but it's sub-optimal to
>do it that way for other reasons.

Well, this may be impossible some times, e.g. if the attribute value
exceeds the maximum-width given for line wrapping. However, I think it's
far harder to read the source, so Tidy should at least try to do as you
suggest. Any good name for a configuration option to enable/disable
this?