CSS/XHTML Validators weirdness

From: salo <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:14:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
hi,

i was just checking my page with your validators but it seems to have
insufficient PUBLIC type database. at validator.w3.org it is successfuly
recognized and verified but at jigsaw.w3.org i got this error:

  CSS Validator Error
  Target: http://xtrmntr.org/salo/SILC/?page=cvs
  org.xml.sax.SAXException: Please, fix your system identifier (URI) in the
  DOCTYPE rule.

my DOCTYPE is:

  "DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

if i change it to:

  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

then it is successfuly recognized and verified by css validator, but not with
XHTML 1.0 ->

  Fatal error! unrecognized {{DOCTYPE}}; unable to check document

  I couldn't parse this document, because it uses a public identifier
  that's not in my catalog!

so one of your services is wrong.. which one? :) i will be happy, if they will
be both working correctly.

bye,

--

ps. i am not subscribed to these lists so please add me on cc:, if you will
reply. thanks.

--
--   salo <salo@Xtrmntr.org>         ASCII Ribbon campaign against   /"\   --
--   http://Xtrmntr.org/salo.pgp     e-mail in gratuitous HTML and   \ /   --