Re: Validator compatibility

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 02:58:05 +0200
To: Forrest Seymour <forrest@salwen.net>
cc: www-validator@w3.org
On 11.07.01 at 11:05, Forrest Seymour <forrest@salwen.net> wrote:

>A quick comment:  Today (7/10 11:50 AM EST) I have been unable to get the
>validator form (at http://validator.w3.org/) to work using Netscape 4.77
>on a Mac with OS 9.1.  I cannot select any of the check boxes nor do the
>validate or reset buttons work, though the pop-up menu does work.

I don't have Netscape installed on my Mac and couldn't check this, so I
took the matter to my Mac OS Testing Group (aka. no.it.os.mac.diverse;
Thanks guys! ;D). I had three reports that it worked just fine and one that
said he'd had similar problems with an earlier version of Netscape. No one
was able to reproduce the problem.

Could you try this again and see if it was some temporary flakyness?

Have you had similar problems with other sites that use web forms?

>Thought you might wanna know.

Yes, we do! If we don't know about problems we can't fix them, so we're
_very_ interested in hearing about problems people have. Thank you for
reporting this!